Opening an online store is very exciting. In order to have a winning store and site, you need to make several important steps, and one of them is to find the ecommerce platform which will be efficient for your business. In this article, you can read about if WooCommerce or BigCommerce would suit your future plans and needs more.
It is not our job to convince you in connection with choosing WooCommerce or BigCommerce for the online store you wish to run with dropshipping. Both ecommerce platforms provide useful features, services for your business and there are slights differences in what they offer you.
Advantages – WooCommerce or BigCommerce?
We have collected several advantages for both WooCommerce and BigCommerce so you can decide which one would be better for your business. It is beneficial if you create a list with all the features that your store should have before choosing the ecommerce platform to work with.
- WooCommerce is free to use, you just have to pay for the hosting and different plugins and extensions and a few more services to be able to run your store.
- There are many payment gateways to choose from, you will surely find the best one for your business.
- You can have a really great search engine optimization which is very important if you wish to own an online store.
- WooCommerce is highly affordable, flexible, and 100% customizable if you prefer these aspects the most. You can find their own Theme Store as well.
- There are several plugins (such as dropshipping plugins or code snippet plugins) and extensions to choose from. You can choose ecommerce plugins right from WordPress, or, you can search for them in the Extension Store of WooCommerce.
- The product categories can be easily managed which is very important for a smooth work with your store.
- WooCommerce is very secure which is one of the most important aspects.
- You can easily manage your online store no matter where you are as you can easily manage everything from a mobile app.
- The WooCommerce community is outstanding, you can easily and always get help from the members there.
- In the case of WooCommerce, you can also integrate it with Syncee if you wish to start a dropshipping business.
Find more details on the official site of WooCommerce.
- It is very easy to use BigCommerce, you will not have tough difficulties using it. The dashboard is straightforward.
- The customer support is available 24/7 to answer your questions.
- The SEO features are amazing, you can create the best search engine optimization possible.
- There is a multi-currency option so you can easily sell internationally.
- It is very easy to create the design of your online store as a theme store is also available.
- You can create unlimited staff accounts on the platform.
- You can get powerful analytics if you wish to know your store’s performance.
- The security is definitely outstanding, you do not have to worry about that.
- You can connect with the buyers across different channels and it is easier to find new customers with the help of these channels.
- Mobile-friendly platform – Fully adapted to mobile devices.
- Major payment gateways supported such as PayPal, Apple Pay, Amazon Pay.
- Full CMS functionality – Manage your online business efficiently.
- You can integrate your BigCommerce store with Syncee.
Find more details on the official website of BigCommerce.
Disadvantages – WooCommerce or BigCommerce?
Disadvantages can be a huge help sometimes because you can decide whether WooCommerce or BigCommerce would make your online store more outstanding.
- You will definitely need some IT skills if you choose this platform for your online store.
- You will have to take more time on finding solutions for everything so your online store can work, like hosting service and more.
- It can be a bit misleading that WooCommerce is free as there are many services you have to pay for so your store can work.
- If there is an update on WooCommerce, just as it happens with WordPress, you shouldn’t update it immediately. You have to make at least a backup to avoid any unexpected issues the update might cause, or you have to test it with a closed test environtment. The plugins and the theme you are using might not be fine-tuned for the update of WooCommerce.
- BigCommerce’s biggest disadvantage is that sometimes it is hard to follow what to do, you cannot always be sure about how to do something in your store.
- Prices can be a bit high in case of BigCommerce too.
- The themes can be quite similar you do not have a lot of options to choose from.
定价 – WooCommerce or BigCommerce?
Now let’s see the prices because it can easily help you to decide if WooCommerce or BigCommerce would be more affordable for you.
Using WooCommerce and WordPress is totally free, there are no subscription fees or any other monthly subscription fees for the platform. However, you have to pay for the hosting, domain, SSL certificate, design theme, plugins, and more. Because of all this, we can just only share approximate prices, and you can check this other article for more details.
- Basic Site: approximately $9.17/month (in 2021)
- Mid-Range Site: approximately $25+/month (in 2021)
- Advanced Site: approximately $125+/month (in 2021)
BigCommerce also offers you four plans to create everything you need for the perfect online store. You can start with one plan and as your business is growing, you can change for another plan. You can read about the features here.
- Standard: $29.95/month (in September 2021)
- Plus: $79.95/month (in September 2021)
- Pro: $299.95/month (in September 2021)
- Enterprise: custom pricing
Dropshipping – WooCommerce or BigCommerce?
Dropshipping is a trading model. If you work with it, you do not have to invest money in product inventory before being able to sell them. You will only work with product data in your online store. Your supplier partners will receive the order requests of your customers, and they will ship it directly to them. Logistics-related tasks are your supplier’s responsibilities.
However, if you want to make sure that your customers get everything at the same time in case they choose more products from different suppliers, you can order everything to your doorstep first. You can pack everything together and add some gifts to it to make the whole package a lot more personal.
Both platforms are suitable for those who want to run an online store using the dropshipping model.
Syncee – WooCommerce and BigCommerce!
Syncee is a global B2B platform with millions of products and hundreds of suppliers from the US/CA/EU/UK/AU + more. You can easily become a dropshipper with this application. If you are interested in the products which Syncee can offer, feel free to search for them on Syncee Marketplace.
If you want to integrate Syncee into your WooCommerce store, you can do this here, and if you want to integrate Syncee into your BigCommerce store, you can do this here.
Who Should Use WooCommerce or BigCommerce?
WooCommerce’s biggest advantage is that you can create a whole unique online store, it is fully customizable. There are many plugins you can choose from for smoother work, and using WooCommerce is completely free. Let your creativity take over to make everything just the way you want it. That way you can always create newer experiences for your customers and your online store will be one of their favorites.
BigCommerce’s biggest advantage is that your online store can grow easily. You can create everything that you need to have the best online store possible. You can start a free trial here too to find out if this platform could provide everything for your business.
Searching for the best ecommerce platform can be a hard task to do as you need to check many factors to find out if a service would be a beneficial fit for you. We wanted to help you with the decision of whether you should choose WooCommerce or BigCommerce for creating the online store of your dreams.