If you want to start an online store, it is nice to know that there are several really good ecommerce platforms to build your store on. These platforms help you to create your dream online store where you can start selling dropshipping products. In this article, we would like to show you the advantages and disadvantages of two platforms so you can decide whether Shopify or BigCommerce would be the suitable pick.
We do not want to convince you to choose Shopify or BigCommerce as both of the platforms are quite amazing. We just want to show you some points and ideas about them so you can find the best for your business specifically if you wish to start an online store or move to another platform, while managing products with Syncee.
Advantages – Shopify or BigCommerce?
Both platforms have several great features which means maybe you won’t have an easy time deciding which one to choose. If you want to find the better platform by the advantages, you need to write down those factors which are needed for your online store to work on the way you wish.
- The platform provides you with easy-to-use features. You do not need to have IT knowledge to explore Shopify.
- It is also hosted, so you do not have to worry about managing your online store.
- The SEO and marketing features are outstanding and you can find great solutions for your ideas.
- You can choose from several themes on their own Theme Store to customize your online store.
- You will be very pleased with the security and reliability of the platform.
- The customer support is available 24/7 so you will get a fast answer for your problems.
- The platform has its own payment gateway and the payment is also very easy.
- There are no hidden charges.
- There are over a thousand applications to choose from so you can make the most out of it.
- You can easily integrate your store with Syncee and start finding and managing dropshipping products.
Find more details on the official website of Shopify.
- It is very easy to use BigCommerce, you will not have tough difficulties using it. The dashboard is straightforward.
- The customer support is available 24/7 to answer your questions.
- The SEO features are amazing, you can create the best search engine optimization possible.
- There is a multi-currency option so you can easily sell internationally.
- It is very easy to create the design of your online store as a theme store is also available.
- You can create unlimited staff accounts on the platform.
- You can get powerful analytics if you wish to know your store’s performance.
- The security is definitely outstanding, you do not have to worry about that.
- You can connect with the buyers across different channels and it is easier to find new customers with the help of these channels.
- Une plate-forme conviviale pour les mobiles – Fully adapted to mobile devices.
- Les principales passerelles de paiement sont prises en charge tels que PayPal, Apple Pay, Amazon Pay.
- Fonctionnalité complète du CMS – Manage your online business efficiently.
- You can integrate your BigCommerce store with Syncee.
Find more details on the official website of BigCommerce.
Disadvantages – Shopify or BigCommerce?
The disadvantages can help you in some cases as they might show you some features which would be essential but the given platform does not provide you that.
- The monthly fees can be a bit pricy so you need to decide on how much money you can spend on your online store.
- There are some limitations with the customization so you cannot create anything you want.
- You have to pay transaction fees after every customer’s purchase.
- BigCommerce’s biggest disadvantage is that sometimes it is hard to follow what to do, you cannot always be sure about how to do something in your store.
- Prices can be a bit high in case of BigCommerce too.
- The themes can be quite similar you do not have a lot of options to choose from.
Prix – Shopify or BigCommerce?
The prices can be a very important part of choosing the platform for your business. If you want to decide whether Shopify or BigCommerce would be the best solution, comparing the prices and the features for each plan can be a huge help.
Shopify provides you four plans with different opportunities. You can learn about the features ici.
- Basic Shopify: $29/month (in August 2021)
- Shopify: $79/month (in August 2021)
- Advanced Shopify: $299/month (in August 2021)
- Shopify Plus: custom pricing
BigCommerce also offers you four plans to create everything you need for the perfect online store. You can start with one plan and as your business is growing, you can change for another plan. You can read about the features ici.
- Standard: $29.95/month (in August 2021)
- Plus: $79.95/month (in August 2021)
- Pro: $299.95/month (in August 2021)
- Enterprise: custom pricing
Dropshipping – Shopify or BigCommerce?
Dropshipping is a trading model. If you work with it, you do not have to invest money in product inventory before being able to sell them. You will only work with product data in your online store. Your supplier partners will receive the order requests of your customers, and they will ship it directly to them. Logistics-related tasks are your supplier’s responsibilities.
However, if you want to make sure that your customers get everything at the same time in case they choose more products from different suppliers, you can order everything to your doorstep first. You can pack everything together and add some gifts to it to make the whole package a lot more personal.
Both platforms are suitable for those who want to run an online store using the dropshipping model.
Syncee – Shopify and BigCommerce!
Syncee is a global B2B platform with millions of products and hundreds of suppliers from the US/CA/EU/UK/AU + more. You can easily become a dropshipper with this application. If you are interested in the products which Syncee can offer, feel free to search for them on Syncee Marketplace.
If you want to integrate Syncee into your Shopify store, you can do this here, and if you want to integrate Syncee into your BigCommerce store, you can do this here.
Who Should Use Shopify or BigCommerce?
Shopify’s biggest advantage is definitely the fact that it is very easy to use. You do not need any IT knowledge if you want to start creating your online store. This can be a very important point while you are searching for the perfect ecommerce platform. Therefore we are advising you to try out the 14 days trial as it can give you some ideas about the whole experience.
BigCommerce’s biggest advantage is that your online store can grow easily. You can create everything that you need to have the best online store possible. You can start a free trial here too to find out if this platform could provide everything for your business.
If you want to find the best platform for your online store, you need to search a lot. We hope our article helped if you could not decide whether Shopify or BigCommerce would be better for you.