The e-commerce environment is extremely competitive, as millions of e-businesses are striving to get a piece of the big pie called the internet. Indeed, making your business stand out from the crowd is difficult and demanding both in terms of personal resources (time, attention, energy) and money (the budget spent on advertising).
Something remains certain: the brands that go an extra mile to improve their digital marketing game will outshine the rest of the competition. Now – there are so many factors that can influence the success of your business, yet the performance of your marketing campaigns is probably the biggest differentiator between you and your competitors.
In today’s post, we are sharing 9 insightful tips to promote your e-commerce store. Pay attention and apply!
1. Promote Your Brand Through Google AdWords
If you want high-quality, fast, and targeted traffic, Google AdWords is the way to go. Even though this strategy involves spending your budget on ads, your paid advertising campaigns can be tweaked and optimized until they bring satisfying results.
Every e-commerce business from small to large can take advantage of Google AdWords, as the budget for each campaign is adjustable to the company’s possibilities and expectations.
Here’s how you can leverage this PPC strategy
- Display banner or text advertisements on websites, in Gmail, or in apps.
- Display your products and content in Google search results.
- Create and promote ad videos on YouTube using an online video editor while targeting a specific audience based on different demographics data such as location, age, and interests.
- Market your store’s app (if you have one) through iOS and Android services.
2. Leverage Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is an effective strategy that you may use to improve your brand’s visibility. It’s simple – seek people that have a large social following and approach them with an offer.
Negotiate a price and ask them to share your content and products with their e-mail lists and social media followers. You can use Buzzsumo to identify relevant influencers within your niche and get access to their contact information.
3. Write Amazing Content
In today’s digital space, content is more important than anything. If you haven’t heard the famous quote “Content is king”, you’re hearing and acknowledging it now.
There are more ways to leverage content to improve your e-commerce store’s visibility, traffic, and eventually sales:
- Create a blog and post relevant articles: educational posts, product review, behind-the-scenes material, etc
. Performguest posting. Write good articles and submit them to various industry blogs that don’t represent direct competition.
- Create attractive copy and promote it through paid ads, social channels, or search engines.
Generally, marketers are not great writers, same as writers can’t always be great marketers. In those instances, I’d highly suggest you approach a professional essay writing service and seek the help of professional writers who understand the English language better than anyone.
Instead of going for the traditional outsourcing route (freelancing sites and networking), reaching out to academic writers is a safe route to quality content. Here are some sources I would suggest:
4. Go an Extra Mile with Your Product Descriptions
Quality product descriptions do not only help you rank better in the search engines, but they also ensure that your prospect’s shopping experience will be improved.
Many people decide to drop the purchasing process because they lack the necessary information to make a smart decision.
You can eliminate this common barrier by going an extra mile when crafting your product descriptions. You should not only display the features of your products, but also the benefits.
5. Leverage Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is one of the most popular digital marketing strategies at the moment. It is so because it’s very effective when performed properly. By optimizing your e-commerce store for the search engines, you’ll be able to “gather” traffic that has powerful buying intentions.
SEO is a complex strategy that can’t be learned all-at-once. However, here are some good strategies to start with:
- Optimize your content for SEO by adding relevant keywords that your audience might look for.
- Help Google index your website by creating a web of internal links.
- Submit a sitemap to the major search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing)
- Include keywords in the name of the pictures you publish
- Link to relevant external articles that might help your readers and prospects
- Make your website mobile-responsive
- Improve your e-commerce site’s speed
6. Develop a Referral Program
Why promote your store alone when so many marketers are ready to give you a hand? Developing a referral program is one of the best ways to speed up the traffic volume and the awareness of your website.
Of course, you’ll be sharing your revenues with the people who bring in the sales, but that shouldn’t be concerning as long as you’re still bringing in profits.
7. Offer a Great UX to Encourage Word-of-Mouth Marketing
When a random person enters your e-commerce website, he should be welcomed properly. This means that your platform shouldn’t be hard-to-navigate, it shouldn’t feature intrusive ads and should allow the user to quickly discover the products he needs.
A great UX is also influenced by:
- The quality of customer support that your brand’s offering.
- The delivery and packaging’s quality.
- The communication between you and the customers.
If the customer is satisfied, he’ll be eager to refer your brand to his friends and social media followers.
8. Start a Loyalty Program
A loyalty program is an incredibly effective strategy to develop your customer’s loyalty and trust. Depending on your niche, product’s price, and business strategy, you should reward the people who repeatedly buy your products.
For example, Sephora is rewarding its customers with points that can be later be exchanged for products. This is a traditional loyalty program scheme, though there are many other options.
9. Organize Contests and Offer Discounts and Prizes
You can use social media channels to create, organize, and promote different contests that offer various prizes. For example, you can ask your customers to send a video or picture with them using your products. The best material wins. Choose how many winners there will be and announce the prizes.
As a participation requirement, ask your contest attendants to like,
Improving your digital marketing game is a straightforward way to improve your e-business results. I’d suggest you to further study each of the mentioned strategies. You can find a lot of valid information here, on our blog, though you can expand your research somewhere else.
The most important part is the action part. Once you understand a strategy, you must take real action in order to “test the waters”. Use analytics software to figure out whether your strategies and actions are leading you in the right direction and stay consistent no matter what!