You have an idea of what you want to sell in your online store hence you accomplished the very first, and most important step about starting your new business. The next thing you have to decide on is where to get fashion products from if you are not a manufacturer. You are at the right place, we are here to help you find fashion suppliers easily.
Previously we created a rich checklist about how to start an online fashion store effortlessly. We made it so you can get a headstart with your new business in 10 steps. There you can read about what skills and traits are needed to start an online fashion store, and you can also find details about the topic of money and time investment. Besides this, you can find a definition of what a fashion store is which works as a guide on what your store must include, and how you can be authentic. In the end, you can read about what kind of costs will occur during this time. Now, we will help you in how to find fashion suppliers.
- What Can You Sell in Your Online Fashion Store?
- What to Consider When Choosing a Supplier Partner?
- Where to Find Fashion Suppliers?
- How to Find Fashion Suppliers in Syncee Marketplace?
You probably already have an idea about what kind of fashion store you would like to open you wish to find fashion suppliers for. It is hard to stand out from the crowd of online fashion stores nowadays as it is the most popular kind of e-store people open. You need to provide something outstanding and make sure you specify your target audience well and sell the kind of products they can’t reach in another way easily. If you offer something “new” to them, try to awaken their need for the items you have.
There are many styles and types you can represent with your online store, and you will be definitely able to find fashion suppliers for it. Just to mention a few styles, types: Casual, Formal, Minimalist, Modern, Classical, Vintage, Artsy, Streetwear, Wedding-wear, Grunge, Chic fashion, Bohemian, Sexy, Trendy, Elegant, Western, Punk/rock/gothic, Sporty, Hip-hop, Military. It can also be Maternity wear, Small size, Plus size items, or clothing pieces by only a chosen color.
Decide on whether you want to focus on only one kind of product, or you want to sell all kinds of fashion pieces. For a little inspiration, check our list of advice below on what you can sell:
- Kleidung Produkte
- Oberteile, Hemden, T-Shirts, Langarmshirts, Rollkragenhemden, Sweatshirts, Strickwaren, Jacken, Mäntel, Hosen und Leggings, Shorts, Röcke, Kleider, Bikinis, Bademäntel, Baby- & Kinderbekleidung, Jumpsuits, Schlafbekleidung, Activewear, Anzüge
- Women’s lingerie, Men’s underwear, Children’s underwear. In smaller categories e.g.: Briefs, Boxers, Erotic underwear, Knickers, strings and thongs, Shapewear, Undershirts, Bras, Camisoles & Tanks, Garters, Panties, Socks, Stockings
- Schmuck & Zubehör
- Schmuck: Ringe, Ohrringe, Halsketten, Armbänder, Broschen, Manschettenknöpfe, Piercing, Fußkettchen,
- Zubehör: Uhren, Gürtel, Handschuhe, Hüte und Mützen, Schals, Sonnenbrillen, Krawatten, Schlüsselanhänger
- Geldbörsen, Handtaschen, Umhängetaschen, Rucksäcke, Aktentaschen, Clutch Bags, Kosmetiktaschen, Reisegepäck & Reisetaschen, Geldbörsen & Kartenhalter, Umhängetaschen, Einkaufstaschen
- Sneakers, Stiefel, Flats, High Heels, Hausschuhe, Mokassins, Sandalen, Clogs und Flip Flops, Kinderschuhe, Schuhzubehör
When you find fashion suppliers for your store, first you need to check here the most important details you need to consider and focus on when deciding on whether it worth cooperating with a certain supplier or no. The short checklist goes for those who are looking for dropshipping suppliers.
- If dropshipping is available
- Fast shipping, warehouse close to your and your target audience’s location
- Reliable service
- Hochwertige Produkte
- Good return policy
- Good customer service
- Reasonable prices
- Shipment tracking
- Real suppliers who are not the 5th reseller of an item adding the 5th extra markup on it thus highly overpricing products
If you want to know how to find fashion suppliers easily for your online store you are at the right place. Actually, there are more kinds of suppliers who you can look for and work with. Always make sure they can provide dropshipping service.
- Manufacturers, vendors
- Resellers, importers
Suppliers are not easy to find just anywhere. They do not really promote their service, you cannot find advertisements about them most of the time. This is why you need to learn what those places are where you can look for—and find—fashion suppliers easily.
- It is one of the most basic tips on how you can find fashion suppliers. You just have to type relevant and well-formed keywords in Google and scroll through and check the results to see if who you found are dropship suppliers for sure and if you can find great products in their selection that meet your and your target audience’s needs.
- Social Media
- Check social media groups to find fashion suppliers for your online store. Make sure the posts in the group are relevant, up-to-date, reliable, and they are not just scams. Join groups on Facebook that has new posts regularly, and where the content is vetted by the admins. The size of the group is not the most important factor.
- Forums are a bit old-fashioned, but there are still people who use them and add content there constantly. Which famous forums can you try nowadays for example where you can start checking topics of where to find fashion suppliers? Shopify Forum, Reddit, Quora are forums you can definitely give a try.
- Trade Shows
- On trade shows, you can find many different companies who are promoting their own service and products to resellers. However, these shows are not common in every country, so it is possible that you cannot attend trade shows to find supplier partners where you live.
- Another straightforward tip for those who want to find fashion suppliers is to check online directories. These are networks where you can find hundreds or even thousands of wholesalers, dropshippers listed. If the directory includes other solutions as well it is likely that you will be even able to upload the chosen suppliers’ products into your online store from there.
- Syncee Marketplace
- At last but not least, here is the idea that will definitely make your life and business easier. Syncee Marketplace is a place that belongs to the e-commerce application Syncee. The app runs on several e-commerce platforms. In Syncee you can find reliable, pre-vetted dropshipping suppliers whose products you can upload into your online store easily, and keep the product data changes up-to-date automatically. Find millions of products in Syncee Marketplace in several product categories from hundreds of reliable suppliers with favorable shipping conditions. Find fashion suppliers for your business.
It is easy as 1, 2, 3 to find fashion suppliers in Syncee’s in-app online supplier directory, Syncee Marketplace. You can check the listed products without logging in to have a glance at what you can expect after registering. However, it is only a simplified view of what you can really see in the application. It is best to register, as you do not have to pay for it, and you can manage 25 products from the Marketplace for free for an unlimited time without a subscription. Moreover, you can see more details of the products when you are logged in, and what is also really important you can check the suppliers in one list, and you can also manage products in bulk.
Let’s elaborate on the two main features Syncee Marketplace includes.
Search Products – Find Fashion Suppliers by Products
Using the Search Products function you can browse the full list of products in Syncee Marketplace. You can specify your needs using several useful filter options so you can see only what you are looking for in the search result.
The advantage of this feature is that you can pick products one-by-one from suppliers and arrange them into one or more product catalogs in Syncee. Then, if you are ready and you have also set your markup for the products per catalog, with just one click you can start synchronizing the products to your online store. You can work with more suppliers, and pick only a few products from them. Make your online store have a colorful selection.
You can see all details of the products here, and you can also check every important information of the suppliers of each product as well. Moreover, you can go to the supplier’s Syncee profile from here. It is not just the product itself that you decide on here, you also check and choose the supplier that belongs to it.
Find Suppliers – Pick Your Partner From a List
Scroll through the list of suppliers in Syncee Marketplace’s Find Suppliers menu. It is best for those who wish to sell a large number of products of a supplier. Like this, you can fill your online store easily in bulk, in a few clicks with even thousands of products from your chosen supplier(s). One catalog will belong to one supplier’s products, and you can add your unique settings to it. If you do not wish to upload all of the products from your chosen supplier, you can use filters on the products. You can add your own markup settings as well.
This feature of Syncee Marketplace is where you can easily see only those suppliers in a transparent list that belongs to that particular product category you have set the filter for at the search section. Here you can also view the products that each supplier offers by clicking on the right button.
Filter Settings to Find Fashion Suppliers in Syncee Marketplace
What you have to do to find fashion items in Syncee Marketplace—and thus find fashion suppliers—is to simply click on the Fashion category in the search section. There in the dropdown field, you will see other main categories (7) that belong to fashion, and each of these main categories will have further subcategories (70). The main fashion categories are Accessories, Bags, Clothes, Costumes, Jewelry, Shoes, and Underwear.
There are further options in the filter section. You can filter products and suppliers by the following factors as well:
- warehouse location
- shipping location
- product language
- supplier name
- whether approval is needed
- shipping types (dropshipping, wholesale)
- stock status
- order types
There is another detail that is best to take a look at. In the standard form of dropshipping retailers ask the suppliers to ship the products directly to the customer. However, if a buyer purchases more products, for example, three items, and they are from three different suppliers, then s/he will receive three different packages on three different days. When s/he receives the first package s/he will email you immediately that something is wrong, two products are missing.
To avoid such a complaint, you can ask for the products to arrive at your place first—it can be your garage or living room to store just a few products in for a few days when you are at the beginning of your business. Let the products wait for each other and ship the items yourself in one package to the customer. This is another reason why it is best to work with local suppliers so the delivery time can remain short.