If you have great products in your store, maybe you are a manufacturer or you just want to increase your sales by having retailers of your own, Shopify is a great platform for you. Read what you need to do to become a real supplier.
Syncee helps you to become a Shopify supplier by integrating your products into the Syncee Supplier Exchange (SSE) and showing it to retailers who are looking for products they can sell in their own Shopify stores. However, becoming a real and trustworthy supplier doesn’t only mean that you have retailers, but there are some technical and informational conditions which are necessary to provide a smooth order process and experience for your new partners.
Informational conditions to become a supplier
1. Create a wholesale or drop shipping page, and menu on your online store, where you show every information about how you fulfill the orders. Do you have a drop shipping plan, meaning that you ship directly to the end-customer or only to your retailer’s address?
2. How do you ship the packages? Are you working with a fulfillment center or a courier service? How long does it take to ship to the address? More importantly, you need to specify the countries or continents where you send parcels to or give information about worldwide shipping. Don’t forget about the shipping fees for each region.
3. The third crucial information is how one can become your retailer. You can direct them to the Syncee Supplier Exchange, where they can also import your products to their store within minutes. Let them know if they need to register on your website, fill out any papers, like contracts or anything else.
4. Specify what kind of companies you cooperate with, if you work with any Shopify retailer or your new partners need to have a real legal company behind them.
5. Let your new partners know, who do not come from the Syncee Supplier Exchange, how they can get your product details. How can they import your product details into their store, if not from the SSE. Do you give them a data feed file and where they can access it?
6. You might know that many suppliers charge a fee or a monthly subscription for those who are reselling their items. Decide if you would like to be one of them, or you just want to freely give away your product data. Show them your prices and plans and explain when and how the payment will take place.
7. Present your contact and legal details. To become a reliable Shopify supplier, you cannot fool around without having a real company anymore. Create your own company in your country, or where you have your warehouse, factory or your headquarters. Always consult an accountant about your country-specific opportunities and liabilities. Let your retailers know about your legal and contact info, so they can always get in touch with you.
8. Do you have a separate product street price for those who buy directly from your online store but you have a product wholesale price for your retailers? Give them information about how they can obtain the discounted price. Is it a specific coupon code? Or you have a great system where they can log into and order from you using the lower prices? Tell them about it.
9. Figure out your warranty program. You cannot be a trustworthy supplier without having a smooth process to handle the possible returns. Define how you handle returns, item pick-up, and refunds.
10. Give information about invoices. When and how do you send the invoices to your buyers? Don’t forget to tell them every information, so there will be no misunderstandings when it comes to accounting.
1. Create a nicely designed drop shipping page on your website with the above-mentioned information. Pay attention to responsivity and logical layout.
2. Create your data feed if you do not use the Syncee Supplier Exchange. This needs to contain all product details, so store owners can use it to import your products into their store. This should contain Title, SKU or Barcode, Prices, Description, Image URL, Option Values, like color or size, and any other information you consider important.
3. Have a system on your website where they can register, if you want. This is an optional step, as not all suppliers want their retailers to create a partner account. However, if you want to build a serious company, you may want to consider this option.
4. Set up the pricing system. Integrate PayPal or cooperate with a bank to give your retailers the option of online money transfer using a secure channel offered by your bank.
5. Create coupon codes for your retailers for discounted partner prices. Based on the information you gave them on your partner/drop ship page create the necessary coupon codes that they can use to redeem the partner discounts. Or make them register in your system, where they can order from you with the wholesale prices.
6. Use a reliable invoicing system, which is ready to serve all of your customers’ needs.
If you have completed all of these steps, you took a huge leap ahead of your competition, because not all Shopify suppliers make the effort to complete the whole process. Congratulations!
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org